Monday, February 23, 2009

Copper Shields

These are only paritally done but I have a couple of pics....

Just out of the kiln.....

After the torch. This one gave such a great brownish green. It looks so old.


Fresh from the kiln....


After the torch....orange, green blue and purple. This one really went crazy.



That's all for tonight. It's been a long day. Lou's surgery went well. We were in by 9:30A and out by 1:30P. I think I was more nervous than Lou. The whole crew down at the surgical center were wonderful. He had an umbilical hernia that had to be fixed. I told him that they needed to re-tie the knot in his belly button because one day it would blow and he would sail around the room like a ballon deflating. He wanted to know how long I'd been saving that one....a while :))) When he was in recovery they gave him IV pain killers and then some Vicadin. I referred to it as the "I love ya man" medicine. He started stroking my cheek and telling me how much he loved me and appreciated me being there for him. Maybe I can save one or two of those pills for later :))

2 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...

Cool shields! You could create a whole new line for Barbie. Ax wielding, village plundering, Braveheart Barbie! Imagine the fun your little girl could have lopping off Ken's head and burning down his house! Viking horn hat sold separately!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Cris - you are too funny!! But these shields ARE very cool, Gail. Do you find they shrink less because of all the holes? Just curious.
Glad to hear Lou is doing okay and everything went well.